I'm participating in what I think is a really smart weekly challenge hosted by Carin at Forever in Blue Jeans. It seems like mamas spend an awful lot of time behind the camera. The idea of this challenge is for mamas to get on the other side of the camera in at least one photo a week.
When my boys grow up they'll inherit hundreds of thousands of photos taken from their childhood, but how many of those will show their mama? At least for this year I can answer 52!
_______________________________________The photos below aren't particularly good but they show Jack and I participating in our favorite, most tickley activity. I'm turning him into a pizza! Every time I do this with Jack or Logan they beg for more, more, more! (Logan, at nearly 3, is perfectly capable of saying more but is usually laughing so hard that he has to sign it!)
Here is the recipe for turning your kiddo into a pizza:
1 cute kid
a smidge of imagination
tons of laughter
1. Lay the dough down on a flat surface and knead it. (With big open hands gently massage your kid's midsection.)
2. Roll the dough. (Roll him from side to side.)
3. Toss the dough. (Yep, throw your kiddo in the air.)
4. Stretch the dough. (Pull on his arms and legs.)
5. Spread sauce on the dough. (Pretend to scoop up sauce in your hands and spread it from head to toe.)
6. Sprinkle cheese on the sauce. (Use your fingers is tickle your cute kid.)
7. Ask your pizza what kind of toppings it wants.
8. Place your toppings all over the pizza. (Plop your closed fingers from head to toe.)
9. Put the pizza in the oven to cook. (Scoop up your kid and give him a tight squeeze.)
10. Slice the pizza. (Using the side of your hand make sawing motions on him.)
11. Eat your pizza. (Pick up an arm and give it a nibble.)
12. Oh, what? Your pizza is too hot? (Blow on your pizza.)
13. Eat your pizza.
This tickly recipe is guaranteed to brighten up any kid in a bad mood and chase boredom away. Beware though, usually the kids want to become pizza-makers (and of course, mama is the dough)!