For example, maybe only those in California would:
- worry about waste from balloons
- be approached by nannies in the park asking "Are both those kids yours? Do you need help?"
- serve edamame (soybeans) for dinner
- see "stars" in the daytime but not at night (because of light pollution)
- be served caviar with creme fraiche on a bellini for a preschool snack (in all fairness, our kids were learning about Russia that day)
- keep a compost pail on the kitchen counter
- pay $800K+ for 1,000 square feet house
- give their kids waste-free lunches (with Sigg bottles, snack sacks, bento boxes, reusable cutlery, etc.)
- find their kids playing "I found a parking space!" (Yes, Jack actually shouted this with glee when he found a "spot" in the backyard for one of his vehicles. It won't surprise me when the boys start playing "valet.")
- eat dry seaweed as a snack
- let their sons wear blue toe-nail polish
For more Wordful Wednesday posts, visit 7 Clown Circus.