Have no fear! Carey at Life in the Carpool Lane is starting the easiest blog tag about blogging. Answer the following questions on your own site when you've got nothing better to blog about. In 10 easy answers you've got yourself a post! (Don't want to post on your site? Then feel free to answer a couple in my comments.)
- Where are you blogging right now?
- How many unpublished posts do you have in your 'draft' box?
- Whose blog inspired you to start your own?
- When do you usually publish your posts?
- In your guesstimation, how many blogs do you read?
- How long have you been blogging for?
- Why did you start blogging?
- Why do you keep blogging?
- If you could only recommend one blog to a friend, which one would it be?
- If the internet was "turned off" for one month, what you you do with all the time you used to spend blogging?
Here are my answers:
- Where are you blogging right now? On my bed (with my mini computer)
- How many unpublished posts do you have in your 'draft' box? 25
- Whose blog inspired you to start your own? Denise of There is Always Room for One More, I found her blog through reading others' adoption blogs and was immediately drawn to her family. I read all of her posts and then slowly started leaving comments. At some point, I thought, "well, if she (with 6 kids) can find time to do it, then so can I!"
- When do you usually publish your posts? Usually 10ish at night
- In your guesstimation, how many blogs do you read? 65
- How long have you been blogging for? Since December 2008 so 6 months
- Why did you start blogging? I've kept a journal off and on since college. So I knew how rewarding it could be to keep track of daily life as well as special occasions and milestones. I desperately wanted to journal about our growing family but could never find the time to sit down and write. I soon realized that blogging was easier for me because I could edit my work and save it to work on at other times. It allowed me more freedom than putting pen to paper.
- Why do you keep blogging? I enjoy keeping a record of family events and daily life. But I also love the friendships that I've developed with other bloggers. And I was really surprised and touched by the comments from the earth week posts I did. It felt like I helped to open a couple of my friends' eyes which was a very cool experience.
- If you could only recommend one blog to a friend, which one would it be? I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote this question because its a hard one... I'd say There is Always Room for One More because without Denise's blog I might not have started this blog. However, if the friend were planning on adopting from China, I'd recommend China Adopt Talk because it has been an invaluable source of information and where I spent 99% of my time on the computer before I started blogging.
- If the internet was "turned off" for one month, what you you do with all the time you used to spend blogging? Read? Exercise? It's hard to say because I'm often doing something else while I blog...watching TV, waiting for a pot of water to boil for dinner, blowdrying my hair, watching the boys in the tub, etc. So maybe I'd just be more in the moment...less trying to multi-task.